Format of 10v10: 3 attack, 3 midfield, 3 defense (long poles are permitted, 3 on man down), 1 goalie
(must always have 2 defenders and 1 goalie behind mid-line at all times)
Format of 11v11: 3 attack, 4 midfield, 3 defense, 1 goalie
(must always have 2 defenders and 1 goalie behind mid-line at all times )
- All games will follow current US Lacrosse Youth Rules unless otherwise noted
- Game: Games will be (2) 20-minute running halves with central horn/clock, 2-minute halftime, no stop time. No Overtime in pool play, Overtime in bracket play. See Scoring below for details.
- Semi & Championship: Games will be (2) 20-minute running halves with central horn/clock, 2-minute halftime, no stop time. Games will play with Overtime rules.
- Time Outs: Each team has (1) 30-second time out per half. Time will NOT stop during the time out. NO timeouts in final 2 minutes of game.
- Overtime: If teams are tied at the end of regulation. There will be a sudden victory overtime period that begins immediately. Team shall stay on the same sides and no coaching is allowed prior to the start of overtime.
- Face-off/Draw: Each half begins with a face-off/draw. Midfielders on face-off/draw and one on wing. Attack/Defense players must remain behind the goal line extended. The goalie must remain in the crease area until possession is signaled.
Boys: Players are released until possession is called.
Girls: All players are released upon draw whistle.
- After a goal is scored the ball is awarded to the scored upon goalie who puts the ball in play. Play will commence upon official’s whistle.
Boys: Goalie will resume play with a 4 second count to clear.
Girls: Goalie will resume play with a 10 second count to clear.
Grades 3-4: teams may have time to substitute before goalie clears.
- Penalties are time served.
- Girls: Teams will have alternating possession for offsetting fouls starting with HOME team (only during regulation play, not OT).
- BOYS – NO BODY CHECKING PERMITTED
- There are US Lacrosse Certified officials on all fields. All on-field calls are final.
- All player substitutions are on the fly from the midline area.
- Home (top) team has score board, Away (bottom) team has penalty time.
- Home team is preferably dark jersey, Away team is preferably light jersey (if applicable)
- BOYS – Any player, coach, or spectator using derogatory language on the field or bench when addressing a player, coach or referee may receive a one minute, non-releasable penalty for the first offense, a two minute non-releasable for the second offense and expulsion from the tournament for the third offense.
- GIRLS – Any player, coach, or spectator using derogatory language on the field or bench when addressing a player, coach or referee may receive a two-minute non-releasable penalty. Third offense will be expulsion from the tournament.
- All spectators are expected to show good sportsmanship and to be placed on opposite side of team.
- If lightning is in area, play will be suspended by 3 long air horn blasts. A 30 – minute delay will go into effect from the last sighting of lightning. Tournament committee will decide if game(s) will be altered or canceled due to weather/lightning. Standard procedure will apply before play is resumed
- Emergency Contact is 911
- Winner = 5 points
- Loser = 0 points
- Tie = 2 points/team
Bracket Play/Pool Seeding
- Goal Differential
- Goals Against
- Coin Toss (second team in alphabet will call)