Format of 7v7: 2 attack, 2 midfield, 2 defense (long poles are permitted, 2 on man down), 1 goalie (must always have 3 players behind mid-line at all times)
Format of 7v7: 2 attack, 2 midfield, 2 defense, 1 goalie
(must always have 3 players behind mid-line at all times)
- All games will follow current US Lacrosse Youth/NFHS Rules and these modifications.
- Field dimension: 55yds x 30 yds with 6×6 goals.
- Game: Games will be (2) 20-minute running halves with central horn/clock, 5-minute halftime, no stop time. Game time will NOT stop for time outs, delays, or injuries.
- Time Outs: Each team has (1) 30-second time out per half. Time will NOT stop during the time out. NO timeouts in final 2 minutes of game.
- Overtime: If teams are tied at the end of regulation. There will be a sudden victory overtime period that begins immediately. Team shall stay on the same sides and no coaching is allowed prior to the start of overtime.
- Face-off/Draw: Each half and OT begins with a face-off/draw. All players must remain behind the goal line extended and one on the wing with foot touching sideline. The goalie must remain in the crease area until possession is signaled.
- Boys: All players are released upon whistle.
- Girls: All players are released upon whistle.
- After a goal is scored, the ball is awarded to the scored upon goalie who puts the ball in play. Play will commence upon official’s whistle.
- Boys: Goalie will resume play with a 4 second count to clear. No free clears.
- Girls: Goalie will resume play with a 10 second count to clear. No free clears
- Grades 3-4: teams may have time to substitute before goalie clears.
- Girls 3-4 Only: Defense must move to 8M.
- Penalties are regulation time served.
- Boys – NO BODY CHECKING PERMITTED
- 3-4: NO CHECKING
- 5-6: Modified checking
- 7-8: Transitional checking
- There are US Lacrosse Certified officials on all fields. All on-field calls are final.
- All player substitutions are on the fly from the midline area.
- Home team responsible for score and Away team responsible for penalty time.
- Home team is preferably light jersey, Away team is preferably dark jersey (if applicable)
- BOYS – Any player, coach, or spectator using derogatory language on the field or bench when addressing a player, coach or referee may receive a one-minute, non-releasable penalty for the first offense, a two minute non-releasable for the second offense and expulsion from the tournament for the third offense.
- GIRLS – Any player, coach, or spectator using derogatory language on the field or bench when addressing a player, coach or referee may receive a yellow card. Third offense will be expulsion from the tournament.
- Coaches are responsible for their team and parents. All spectators are expected to show good sportsmanship and placed on opposite side of team.
- If lightning is in area, play will be suspended by 3 long air horn blasts. A 30 – minute delay will go into effect from the last sighting of lightning. Tournament committee will decide if game(s) will be altered or canceled due to weather/lightning. Standard procedure will apply before play is resumed.
- Emergency Contact is 911